2nd Shift Quality Auditor
Responsible for managing the production side of quality and relations with the customer as well as providing direction to quality associates and the quality area to ensure customer requirements and customer satisfaction is met. Assist quality team via auditing to enforce client requirements and ensure customer satisfaction.
Support (ATA) efforts to promote Corporate Social Responsibility, (CSR) and ensure activities are carried out in cooperation with G-TEKT CSR, and Corporate Governance initiatives and activities to ensure compliance in functional areas of responsibility. Support the Corporate Governance Policy of Austin Tri-Hawk Automotive and the Objectives of:
Meeting challenges of changed legal and business environment.
Enhancing the trust of ATA among customers, associates, and society.
Implementing activities to improve ATA business operations using a strategy of Steady Compliance.
Quality Manager/QA Coordinator
Willingness to learn, receive direction and share quality information with other associates.
Knowledge of blueprints
Knowledge of problem solving techniques
Knowledge of metrology
- Ensure compliance to all safety procedures.
- Assist keeping team focused on assigned activities.
- Assist development of team skill base and all associate quality training.
- Assist associates with knowledge of quality defects and customer requirements
- Assist in maintaining the company’s Quality systems.
- Assist completion of all customer requirements such as Quality Control Plans, Drawing control, Inspection Fixture Instructions, Gage Control documents, etc.
- Assist associates regarding part quality
- Assist maintenance of product quality so that parts shipped meet or exceeds our customer requirement.
- Assist the company in meeting IATF-16949 requirements and support IATF-16949 requirements.
- Assist in part submission preparation.
- Look for Kaizen opportunities and present ideas to management.
- Examine products to ensure they meet specifications and standards of presentation and quality.
- Inspect product per control plan requirements and visual controls.
- Train and assist operators to carry out their quality control functions
- Maintain appropriate documentation on quality checks & issues.
- Ensure associate compliance to shop floor quality systems.
- Sample products to determine whether they meet specifications and quality standards, follow “Stop Call Wait” instruction when parts are found to be defective.
- Place nonconforming parts on hold and determine exposure in house and shipped
- Issue, track and close NPR records
- Ensure “hold” product is stored in designated area.
- Maintain hold area ensuring product is reworked and dispositioned daily
- Complete all required inspections on production floor.
- Ensure all suspect parts are contained and labeled properly.
- Ensure rework instructions are present for any suspect parts.
- Manage sort activities regarding hold parts.
- Make judgment calls regarding part quality
- Disposition questionable product in “red” bins.
- Keep correct records of scrap and hold information
- Issue daily quality report and daily information letter
- Know and comprehend critical/safety characteristics of each part.
- Communicate with all associates on product quality, procedures and processes
- Assist with sorting tasks to verify quantities shipped to customer.
- Assist with dimensional fixture and part layouts
- Utilize fixtures and basic measuring device
- Assist Assembly Coordinator with educating and training of all associates on proper fixture usage.
- Other duties assigned by the Quality Manager or Quality Coordinator.