Coordinate machinery and personnel in the press area via QCDSM (Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, and Moral.
Support (ATA) efforts to promote Corporate Social Responsibility, (CSR) and ensure activities are carried out in cooperation with G-TEKT CSR, and Corporate Governance initiatives and activities to ensure compliance in functional areas of responsibility. Support the Corporate Governance Policy of Austin Tri-Hawk Automotive and the Objectives of:
Meeting challenges of changed legal and business environment.
Enhancing the trust of ATA among customers, associates, and society.
Implementing activities to improve ATA business operations using a strategy of Steady Compliance.
Press and Tooling Asst. Manager
- Press stamping experience.
- Basic Understanding of Dies and Tooling;
- Professional Leadership experience;
- Ensure compliance to all safety procedures.
- Model appropriate leadership behavior and associate character and assist in plant supervision.
- Lead shift’s press associates.
- Advise associates in manufacturing operations.
- Assist with production planning for assigned area or shift.
- Facilitate associate skill development.
- Model and mentor proper process procedures and part problem solving.
- Foster continuous improvement (CI) in production and facilitate all CI projects.
- Press programming parameter administration.
- Ensure stamped completed final assembly and sub-assembly levels are maintained.
- Ensure dimensional integrity (dimensional conformance to specifications.
- Ensure production reporting accuracy and timeliness.
- Champion shop floor leadership with communications between all ATA functions to ensure all associates are informed on activity.
- Support IATF-16949 requirements.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement process ensuring that the products and process are continually upgraded.
- Confirm production numbers for all presses.
- Calculating production volume to prepare daily production reports and monitor stamped parts inventory.
- Determine die order for daily production.
- Confirm accuracy in die usage for production operation.
- Coordinate tooling for press usage with Die Maintenance Coordinator.
- Manage press and/or die repair documentation.
- Provide press associates technical support and monitor assembly operations and efficiency via MBWA Shop Floor Supervision.
- Monitor product quality for 100% compliance to part specifications and tolerances.
- Productivity—champion associate efficiency and production planning.
- Plan, lead and document meetings with associates to foster communication, productivity and teamwork.
- Foster Associate Education and Development opportunities for associates through Training & Assessment of subordinates.
- Coordinate shop floor management via ECS Change(s) Management, Manpower Administration, and QC Circle Program Administration & Supervision.
- Other duties assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Night Shift
Work Location: One location